The Premier Choice Among Hotels near the Winnipeg Convention Center
Whether you're in town on business, on a family vacation or a weekend getaway for a concert or sporting event, you'll love the ideal location and luxuriously comfortable accommodations that set us apart from other hotels near the RBC Convention Center and Bell MTS Place. Located on Main Street in the center of popular Winnipeg attractions, our hotel is near many business destinations as well as leisure attractions like The Forks and the Canadian Museum for Human Rights. With exemplary service, thoughtful amenities and a prime location, Humphry Inn & Suites has you covered for superior hotel accommodations in Winnipeg.
Winnipeg Points of Interest for Business & Pleasure
Getting Around Winnipeg
Winnipeg Transit provides bus service throughout the city, with several bus routes close to Humphry Inn & Suites. For a more private option, taxi service is also available around town, with service to and from the airport as well. You can also rent a car at the airport or at locations throughout the city. Contact us at 204-942-4222 or 1-877-486-7479 to find out more about transportation and navigation in Winnipeg.
Things to Do
Fine & Casual Dining in Downtown Winnipeg
You're Just Steps Away from Great Winnipeg Restaurants
When you stay at Humphry Inn & Suites, you're just minutes from sensational dining in downtown Winnipeg. For everything from a quick bite to an elaborate meal, you'll find unique, delectable dining options just outside our door.
529 Wellington Crescent
Albert Street Burgers
58 Albert Street
Bailey's Restaurant and Bar
185 Lombard Avenue
Carbone Cafe Club
260 Saint Mary Avenue
613 Sargent Avenue
East India Company Restaurant
349 York Avenue
Elephant & Castle Pub and Restaurant
350 St. Mary Avenue
Four Seasons Chinese Food
10-35 Lakewood Boulevard
550 Academy Road
520 Ellice Avenue
Resto Gare Bistro
630 Des Meurons
Rae and Jerry's Steak House
1405 Portage Avenue
The Velvet Glove
2 Lombard Place
Hotel near The Winnipeg MTS Centre
Just around the block from Humphry Inn and Suites sits the MTS Centre. Our hotel's the perfect place to stay when you're looking to enjoy the sports and cultural offerings this fine concert hall and sports arena has to offer. Enjoy luxurious accommodations and the incredible convenience of a short walk to one of Winnipeg's pride and joy.
The Winnipeg MTS Center
From family events and an incredible roster of live concerts from a diverse array of artists including Kings of Leon, Rise Against, Avril Lavigne and Selena Gomez to numerous sports events, The Winnipeg MTS Center offers a wide range of entertainment for everyone. If you're looking to catch great Winnipeg concerts, our hotel is your ideal accommodations destination choice.
The Winnipeg Jets
Our MTS Centre hotel is so close to the Winnipeg Jets Arena that you can just walk around the block and find it. It also happens to be part of the MTS Centre. Catch a rousing game of hockey and enjoy fine lodging that's so conveniently near the Winnipeg Hockey Arena you'll be in the thick of it all in a matter of minutes. Go Jets!
If you're looking for the best hotels near the MTS Centre, you've found your ideal blend of comfort and convenience in Humphry Inn & Suites.
Arts & Culture in Downtown Winnipeg
Location! Location! Location!
Manitoba is where Canada’s heart beats and Downtown Winnipeg plays a significant role in so much that happens in our province. Whether you're in town for business, leisure, or even just making a stop before boarding a Via Rail train, you'll love the ideal location and affordable accommodations that set the Humphry Inn & Suites in the middle of all the fun things to do in Winnipeg.
From the front door you’ll be just minutes away from Via Rail Union Station, The Forks, the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, Shaw Park; and the Exchange District, which is home to the Manitoba Theatre Centre, Centennial Concert Hall, Pantages Playhouse, and the Manitoba Museum. Take the back door and in no time you’ll be at the MTS Centre for a Jets game or concert, the RBC Convention Centre Winnipeg, the Burton Cummings Theatre or the Winnipeg Art Gallery. A short drive, taxi or bus ride away you’ll find some other great things Winnipeg has to offer. The James Armstrong Richardson International Airport, Investors Group Field, Club Regent Casino and McPhillips Station Casino, Assiniboine Park Zoo, Polo Park Shopping Centre, and Ikea-Winnipeg are all easy to get to from our centrally located hotel.
Follow any of the links below for more information.
- James Armstrong Richardson International Airport (7.7km/4.78mi)
- Via Rail Union Station (0.45km/0.28mi)
- Greyhound Bus Terminal (7km4.35mi)
- MTS Centre (0.9km/0.56mi) – Home of the Winnipeg Jets
- Investors Group Field (11km/6.8mi) – Home to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Shaw Park (0.45km/0.28mi) – Winnipeg Goldeyes
- MTS Centre (0.9km/0.56mi)
- Burton Cummings Theatre (0.8km/0.5mi)
- Pantages Playhouse (1km/0.62mi)
- Centennial Concert Hall (1km/0.62mi)
- Manitoba Theatre Centre (1.1km/0.68mi)
- The Metropolitan Entertainment Centre (0.65km/0.4mi)
- RBC Convention Centre Winnipeg (0.85km/0.53mi)
Museums and Galleries
- Canadian Museum for Human Rights (0.5km/0.31mi)
- Manitoba Museum (1.1km/0.68)
- Manitoba Children’s Museum (1km/0.62)
- Winnipeg Art Gallery (1.1km/0.68)
- The Exchange District (0.8km/0.5mi)
- The Forks National Historic Site (1km/0.62mi)
- Polo Park (5km/3.11mi)
- Osborne Village (2km/1.24mi)
- Ikea – Winnipeg (10.3km/6.4mi)
- Club Regent Casino (8.7km/5.4mi)
- McPhillips Station Casino (5.6km/3.48mi)
- Assiniboine Park Zoo (10km/6.21mi)
The Best in Winnipeg Festival Accommodations
From folk arts and crafts to jazz and teddy bears, Winnipeg offers a variety of unique and exciting festivals throughout the year. With its prime downtown location, Humphry Inn & Suites offers lovely accommodations and choice amenities just minutes from all the festivities, making us the premier Winnipeg folk festival hotel.
Your Top Choice Among Special Event Hotels in Winnipeg
Offering luxurious, well-appointed suites and exceptional amenities such as a heated indoor saltwater pool, high-speed Internet access, microwaves and refrigerators in every room, and a 24-hour on-site laundry facility, Humphry Inn & Suites has the perfect accommodations near the city's most celebrated festivals and events. With entertaining festivals taking place throughout the city year-round, no matter when you're in town, there's certain to be food and fun right around the corner. You will find a complete calendar of Winnipeg festivals at Foundlocally.com.
- Winnipeg Comedy Festival, April
- Winnipeg Scottish Festival, May
- Winnipeg International Storytelling Festival, May
- Festival Theatre Jeunesse, May
- Teddy Bears' Picnic, May
- Winnipeg International Children's Festival, June
- Charleswood in Motion Days, June
- Winnipeg International Jazz Festival, June
- Red River Exhibition, June
- Folkorama, July—August
- Winnipeg Fringe Theatre Festival, July
- Manitoba Dragon Boat Festival, September
- THIN AIR Winnipeg International Writers Festival, September
- Cinemental: Manitoba's French-Language Film Festival, October
- Festival du Voyager, February
With great festivals so close by, you'll love staying in our excellent Winnipeg festival accommodations. Contact us at 240-942-4222 or 1-877-486-7479 for more information about special events and festivals in the area, or to learn more about our downtown Winnipeg hotel.